Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Running on fumes.

I'm sure most parents, feel like this a lot. Being a first time mom, I wasn't sure what to expect. Lately however; I feel like I'm running on fumes. It could be due to the fact that my husband works away during the week, or that I don't feel like myself lately. To me it's like I've been fueled by lots of coffee and Monster energy drinks. My doctor told me to give myself 9 months to get back to pre-baby weight, and that I shouldn't rush it. I would just like a spurt of energy every once and a while, you know? I've cut out most junk food, I drink plenty of water, and eat healthy. ( I know energy drinks aren't necessarily the best for you, but they are my guilty pleasure.) The other day, my mission was to go through all of our daughter's clothes and sort through them. What fits, what doesn't and what she'll grow into. It took me two hours to do that, but it was a success.... only thing is, after doing that I was exhausted! It wasn't even lunchtime yet. Just from keeping our little one occupied during the day and feeding/changing her, doing some laundry when I can, taking out the garbage, feels like I worked a 12 hour shift. By 7pm I'm totally wore down. I want to sleep, but at the same time I feel the need to have a little "me" time, like attempt to read my book that I've been on for the last 2 weeks, or have a shower since my clothes usually have spit up on them or they are a couple days old. It's amazing the difference a quick shower can make. When I stop to think about it all, yes I'm exhausted, no I don't get that much time to myself and at the end of the day I just want to sleep, but it's totally worth it. To see our daughter smile her big smile at us, or to hear her laugh when we do something goofy, or just to see her sleeping peacefully and knowing that we are making her happy is worth it and then I wonder to myself why I wanted to complain .. maybe it was just to vent. The point is, even if I have to drink a litre of coffee to do the daily tasks and run off little or no sleep, it's worth it. I'm sure every parent feels like this at some point, or most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment